For the past few years, herbal products have been used more and more all over the world. Therefore, standardization of medicinal herbs is the right trend for many enterprises, ensuring the source of raw materials for medicine production and controlling products’ quality.
Why standardize pharmaceutical materialsinput?
Proactively stockmedicinal herbs: Currently, only25% of medicinal herbsare domestically-grown, the remaining 75% are still imported. Due to this dependence, it is difficult to stabilize prices and exposet to export potential. At the same time, medicinal herbs are collected by hand manually, which does not guarantee the content of therapeutic active ingredients. If there is no plan to organize large-scale farming and standardize medicinal herbs, it will be difficult to be proactive in the production of natural medicines.
Controlling the quality of medicinal herbs: Quality control has a direct impact on the safety and effectiveness of herbal products. Standardization of medicinal herbs input plays an extremely important role in determining the quality of the product, creating a source of quality raw materials. Although good practice in growing and harvesting medicinal herbs is the first step to ensure quality, the safety and effectiveness of herbal products directly depend on it.
Contributing to solving social security problems: Creating the best conditions for people to eliminate hunger, reduce poverty, create jobs for people, and develop the country’s economy.
The first GACP-WHO medicinal herbsplanting area
Crinum latifolium L. var. crilae Tram & Khanh medicinal herbs planting area, a new species of Vietnamese Crinum latifoliumaceae of Thien Duoc Pharmaceutical Joint Stock Company, is the first planting area in Vietnam that meets GACP standards, as recommended by the World Health Organization.
Crinum latifolium L. var. crilae Tram & Khanh medicinal herbs planting area meets GACP-WHO standards
To create an area to grow raw materials for the production of medicine Crila, Crila Forte and health supplement Crilin, since 1990, Dr. Pharmacist Nguyen Thi Ngoc Tram has selected varieties from wild plants, based on the unique genetics (DNA) of Crila (Crinum latifolium L. var. crilae Tram & Khanh.), together with consultation frommany experts with extensive experience in the field of pharmaceuticals such as Prof. Dr. Do Tat Loi, Assoc. Doctor of Science Tran Cong Khanh, Assoc. Prof. Dr. Vo Van Chi to identify the correct scientific name of the species Crinum Latifolium L. found in Vietnam. The selected seedlings are healthy plants with high content of biological active ingredients and from the first seedlings found in 1990, by clonal propagation method, a 20ha growing area has been established in Long Thanh - Dong Nai to apply planting, tending and collecting medicinal herbs of Crila strictly according to the principles and standards of "Good Agricultural and Collection Practices" as recommended by the World Health Organization (GACP-WHO).
The plant is grown in regions with hot, dry climates. The location of the planting area is favorable, 1 kmfar from major roads, not polluted by densely populated areas, not near factories, factories, hospitals, cemeteries, with suitable soil climate for plants. Irrigation water meets the National Technical Regulation on quality of drinking water QCVN 01: 2009/BYT issued by the Ministry of Health. Absolutely not using chemical fertilizers and growth stimulants in cultivation, pesticides, and catching pests by hand or killing pests with pheromones, which are synthetic substances with the same chemical structure as those extracted from the worms used as bait to place in traps to catch male worms to prevent female worms from fertilizing eggs and giving birth to baby worms.
Thien Duoc Pharma has made every effort to gradually build and complete the process of selecting, propagating, planting, tending, harvesting and processing. In order to expand the production, Thien Duoc Pharmahas establish an additional growing area of Crila in Ham Tan - Binh Thuan, which is recognized by the Department of Traditional Medicine Management - Ministry of Health as a growing area of Crila medicinal herbs meeting GACP - WHO standards. Therefore, the quality of Crinum latifolium Crila is always guaranteed to have high and stable biological activity, meeting the criteria set forth for the production of medicine Crila, Crila Forte and health supplement Crilin.